roin) returned | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jokergreen
jokergreen Feb 10
2. Jonathan Isaac Jersey . If, at the start of the NBA playoffs, you picked Kawhi Leonard to be the MVP of the Finals, could you please produce a witness or some other form of proof?3. Its pretty hard to avoid asking it like this, so here goes: Didnt it do your heart good to see Erik Compton qualify for the Masters with his runner-up finish at the U-S Open?4. Already charged with killing three men, Aaron Hernandez is also charged with threatening to kill a jail guard and his family and with assaulting a handcuffed inmate. Of course, we presume Hernandez is innocent until proven guilty, but what are the chances hes innocent on all counts?5. I say this every time a new team picks a nickname that doesnt seem to fit—"Well get used to it". So are we comfortable yet with "Ottawa Redblacks"?6. And not to pick on Ottawa, but what are the chances that Erik Karlsson will play his entire career as a Senator? When Daniel Alfredsson leaves one year and Jason Spezza asks to leave the next, and when the sagas of Dany Heatley and Alexei Yashin are remembered, it makes you wonder, doesnt it?7. You know how Oscar recipients react with that "I never expected to win" expression? That was USA soccer coach Jurgen Klinsmann at the 32-second mark vs. Ghana. The difference? The actors are acting.8. If its wrong to mention a no-hitter in the 8th inning, should I not point out that Mark Buehrle has made 443 career starts without spending a day on the disabled list?9. Would you like to pass on some sound advice to the general manager of your favourite NHL team? Tell him to spend a lot more time thinking about what to do on draft day than on July 1st. Use the Los Angeles Kings as an example of a team built largely with draft picks and players acquired in trades and hardly at all with free agents.10. How many ways can you dislike a human being, and how close is Donald Sterling to the maximum?11. Conversely, when a person is described as "nice", it is considered a compliment, but because there are too many of the other kind, dont you think it should be regarded as high praise? One of the nicest people I ever interviewed was Tony Gwynn.12. Just wondering—have you seen a car flying the flag of Cameroon? Your answer—"maybe". 13. How do you argue that a pitchers win total is a meaningful stat when Randy Choate of the St. Louis Cardinals records a win by throwing one pitch? Well, you argue that Choates one pitch got the Cardinals out of a bases-loaded jam in a 1-1 tie and it was the most important pitch of the game….I guess.14. If you liked Spain or Portugal to win the World Cup, are you now trying to remember how many people you told?15. If the NHLs "compliance buyout period" sounds too cumbersome, what do you say we refer to "Ville Leino Days"?16. If the Blue Jays arent impressing you quite as much these days, can you name another American League East team that seems likely to overtake them?17. With the San Antonio Spurs in mind, is there anybody who will claim its unfair if Carmelo Anthony signs with the Miami Heat?18. The National League may be a pitchers league, but can you name a pitcher who is about to face Gregory Polanco, Starling Marte and Andrew McCutchen 1-2-3 in the Pittsburgh Pirates batting order who would feel confident?19. After being three wins away from the Stanley Cup, do you think the New York Rangers begin next season as a strong championship contender or as just another team in the Eastern Conference? Heres something to know—in the last 30 years, the number of teams that lost the Stanley Cup final one year and won the Stanley Cup the next year is one—Pittsburgh Penguins 2008-09.20. And finally, we learned from Martin Kaymer that Fathers Day in Germany was two weeks ago. Does it make you wonder how many other Fathers Days there are in how many other countries? Me neither, but thanks to Martin Kaymer, and apart from Erik Compton, it was the most interesting part of the U-S Opens final round.Video—"My Fathers Eyes"—Eric Clapton. Terrence Ross Jersey . The D-Backs came into being in 1998 and appear destined to finish second in the AL West after the Tsunami that is the Los Angeles Dodgers swept over them. I thought it might be interesting to see what the D-backs have done over their 16 years compared to what the Blue Jays have done over their past 16 campaigns. Vince Carter Jersey .3 million qualifying offer to outfielder Michael Cuddyer on Monday.SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Joe Pavelski got the puck to the right of the net and sent a one-timer wide in the final minute as he tried for that elusive first hat trick. Thats about the only thing that hasnt gone Pavelskis way of late. Pavelski scored two more goals and the San Jose Sharks beat Jimmy Howard for the ninth straight time in the regular season with a 4-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday night. Pavelski has three two-goal games this season and 22 in his career but is still seeking his first three-goal game in the NHL. "Itll happen, I bet," he said. "Hopefully. Well see. Well keep trying. That was one of the better looks Ive had at it, though." Dan Boyle and Andrew Desjardins also scored for the Sharks, who bounced back after losing two of three on a recent road trip. Antti Niemi made 24 saves to beat the Red Wings for the fourth straight time with just three goals allowed in that span. "We know its going to be a good competitive game against these guys," said captain Joe Thornton, who had two assists to give him a league-leading 45. "We werent very focused in Nashville but tonight I thought we got back on track and played solid for 60." Tomas Tatar scored the lone goal for the Red Wings, who began a tough three-game California swing with a loss. Detroit follows up this game with weekend visits to Los Angeles and Anaheim. The three California teams have just six regulation losses in 63 home games this season. Howard made 19 saves but allowed three goals in the second period to end his night and extend his struggles against the Sharks, who havent lost to him in the regular season in more than three years. San Joses 10 regular-season wins against Howard are the second most for any team, trailing only Chicagos 12. "We gave up two ugly goals," coach Mike Babcock said. "For whatever reason, they went up 3-1 and that seemed to do it for us. We have to be mentally strong and keep skating no matter what. With this group we need good discipline and good goaltending and we didnt get it." Howard allowed two soft goals in the second period to help the Sharks break open a close game. The onslaught started when Desjardins skateed into the offensive zone and beat Howard to the short side from a bad angle for his second goal of the season to make it 2-1. Tracy Mcgrady Jersey. Pavelski added to the lead when he knocked in the rebound of Brad Stuarts shot, giving him 12 goals in his last 15 games as he has excelled on a line with Thornton and Brent Burns. "Hes been really good," coach Todd McLellan said. "We need to keep him that way. When the team really needs him, he elevates his game. Thats the sign of a real good player. Again, playing with the two players that he does, hes just got to get himself in the right spot and find pucks, and he took advantage of it again." Boyle added to the lead on a power play when he beat Howard with a wrist shot from the circle that made it 4-1. The game got testy in the third period, starting with a fight between San Joses Tyler Kennedy and Kyle Quincey. There was another scrum that ended with Red Wings forward Todd Bertuzzi throwing his helmet at Tommy Wingels and then a later one between San Joses Scott Hannan and Dan Cleary. The teams traded goals in the first period with the Sharks striking fist when Thornton carried the puck into the offensive zone and waited patiently for Pavelski to break free of Henrik Zetterberg. Thornton then threaded a perfect pass into the slot that Pavelski one-timed past Howard for his 20th goal. The Red Wings answered late in the period when Tatar held the puck behind the net while Marc-Edouard Vlasic was without his stick. Tatar then skated in front and lifted a backhand past Niemi. "I saw the one guy without a stick and looked up to try and pass," Tatar said. "When no one came over to help I choose to take it. The puck was following me tonight. Its too bad I only scored one goal. I had plenty of other opportunities." NOTES: The Sharks got Wingels (upper body) and Kennedy (flu) back in the lineup and sent F Freddie Hamilton back to the minors. ... San Jose also recalled D Matt Tennyson from Worcester as insurance with D Matt Irwin out with an upper-body injury. ... D Danny DeKeyser (groin) returned to the lineup for Detroit, but Fs Pavel Datsyuk (lower body) and Darren Helm (groin) remain sidelined. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '